Don’t Delay See A Doctor For Joint Pain Treatment Until Your Condition Is More Ugly

Don’t Delay See A Doctor For Joint Pain Treatment Until Your Condition Is More Ugly

If you are in pain from joint pain, your first instinct might be to visit your family doctor to get a diagnosis. But sometimes, joint pain continues for many days or weeks. This may be an indication that you should visit a doctor for joint pain. For instance, an individual suffering from osteoarthritis of his knee may feel some achy achiness which usually goes away and recurs throughout the day.

He will then tell you how to manage the pain, prescribe some pain relievers and recommend some physical therapy. The usual medical advice will include resting the affected part, using heat and ice, using a brace or crutches and taking anti-inflammatory medication if needed. But what about if you don’t have any symptoms? Should you wait and see whether your condition gets worse or better? What can you do as a patient when your doctor for joint pain you that rheumatologist is necessary for you?

You can call your local rheumatologist for a consultation. The doctor will ask some questions about the cause of your pain and the possible treatment plans. He will also evaluate the severity of your condition. Based on the answers to these questions, your doctor will develop a treatment plan for you. He will provide you with written instructions and you will receive medication and referrals for follow-up care at a health care clinic, hospital or other medical facility.

Although a doctor cannot solve a serious problem like arthritis or joint pains, he can refer you to a specialist, such as an orthopedist, an internal medicine doctor or a neurologist, who specializes in pain management. If you experience unbearable pain and discomfort, you should not delay seeing a doctor for joint pain treatment. A serious problem may require life-altering treatment, such as a bone spur removal, for example. You might need to undergo surgery or be put on medication to control your pain.

The diagnosis and treatment of joint and bone pain is sometimes done on an outpatient basis. If you have had surgery or an accident involving a fracture, you may need to stay in the hospital for a day or two before you are released to home. Your doctor may ask to come back after a day or two to check on your progress and recommend more intense treatment. Medication may be prescribed to relieve the pain caused by arthritis or deformity. You can take these pain medications for a lifetime if you do not have a deformity.

If you have moderate to severe pain and swelling, you may be discharged from the hospital and sent home to stay at a friend’s or relative’s place for a few days until your doctor decides that your deformity has stabilized. It is advisable to seek advice from your doctor about this matter and get advice about any follow-up care that you need. Sometimes minor pain and swelling due to an accident is a warning that something much worse is going to happen. However, you should seek immediate medical attention if the pain and swelling are unbearable.